Is it possible to JB iphone4 iOs 4.3.1 ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jigsb007, Apr 5, 2011.

1. jigsb007 macrumors 6502

Experts !
    just wanted to double check, B4 i screwed up.

i have iphone 4 ( FW 4.2.1 , baseband 2.10.4 , jailbroken thru Limera1n )
    i am still waiting for an unlock since last 8 months !!1

But, i have just got ipad2 ( FW 4.3.1) and found the cool features, so i thought of upgrading my iphone4 to 4.3.1.

Can anybody suggest me, is it possible to upgrade to 4.3.1 w/0 changing the baseband, and can it be jailbroken ?

if possible, can you please post the link.

I was checking on iclarified.com , and found some of the articals. but i am afraid of changing my Baseband.

please post your comments !

Appreciated!

2. kayno macrumors regular

kayno

It's possible to jailbreak, not sure what happens to the baseband. Google jailbreak for 4.3.1 and lots of articles should come up. Can't jailbreak the iPad 2 yet though.

3. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your reply .
    But, on the web somewher i saw, how to upgrade to 4.3.1 w/o changing your baseband. so i know its possible. but the same web site doesnt tell how to JB 4.3.1
    So i have to search somewere else, where its possible to JB 4.3.1

But, i am not sure how it works.

Say, i upgrade my FW using 1st method ( W/o changing the Baseband )
    and then if i try to JB it using redsn0w or Pwanage , will it change my BB again ?
    Or, when you JB , it doesnt touches BB. I wasnt sure, so thought of asking you great ppls.

Please help.
    thanks

4. iLoyal macrumors regular

Jailbreak your iphone to 4.3.1 with the latest release "pwnage" from the Dev-Team. It requires a Mac and you can jailbreak your iphone to 4.3.1 while keeping the same BB. You should be able to find it on the first page.

Edit: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
    You can find everything you need from that website.

5. Zermelo macrumors regular

So basically, so you have a phone with no phone service?

If you want to unlock your phone, you can do it with a special sim card.

Search Gevey Sim.

6. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks,
    But, there is a warning written...."WARNING WARNING — ultrasn0w users don’t update yet! "

i know, i am not ultrasn0w user as of now, as there is no unlock available from ultrasn0w for BB 2.10.4
    But, once they release ( I hope ) unlock for BB 2.10.4 , then i will become their User (technically).

So, do you think, i should go ahead and first upgrade to 4.3.1 , w/o upgrading BB , and then using Pwnage tool, i can JB my iphone 4 ?

thanks

7. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Does it really works ?????
    and do i need to use this sim all the time in my phone ? or just use it once , and once your iphone is unlocked, put the original sim and use it !

the reason i am asking bcoz...i have a cell phone from my work ( Non - iphone ) and i have my own iphone4 which i want to use it on my work line.
    so, if i have to call my service provider to reset my sim card then it would be bit difficult for me, as there is a big process behind it.

But, if i simply use this new sim as a unlocker, and once its unlock then i can use my old sim then its bit easy for me as i dont have to contact too many ppl here in the office !

Thanks

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

it's not a sim, it' a sim interposer; it goes inside your phone w/ your sim (instead of a sim tray you use the interposer). It's not the best solution and don't know if it works w/ 4.3.1

9. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya , i did read online about it. But seems bit scary :),
    i tried called emergency No. 112 from my cell, and it end up at 911. i had to say ohhh sorry and hang-up :):):)

10. iLoyal macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

First of all, why you care to upgrade to 4.3.1?? You want to play games with your iPhone?? I assume you're a tmobile customer?? If so I suggest you to spend extra $200 to get a factory unlock phone or wait for a year until AT&T fully obtain Tmobile. I am currently using a factory unlock iPhone and I love it.

Ps: the grevey sim does work, but it's a little risk of getting your sim ban or other consequences due to a step that you have to call 112 (using your carrier to make an emergency phone call)

11. jigsb007 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know what you are saying !!
    well, for games i idont need to upgrade to 4.3.1, i can still play with 4.2.1
    but, i want to use home sharing.

And i already bought iphone4, so i dont have choice besides unlock the baseband. Yes , i am a tmobile customer, but cant wait till T-mobile become at&t.
    By that time there will be iphone 5 :) may be 6

thanks

12. iLoyal macrumors regular

Mmmm... The best option I can think of is pay $15 and get a professional to do the work for you?? I am pretty sure alot of people does that for some extra cash and hobby. In that case, it save you the work and you can use home sharing and at the same time can play games. :]

13. Zermelo macrumors regular

Well I have an iPhone 4 and I am a tmobile customer and am using the gevey. So far there have been no reports that I've seen of sim bans or warnings or citations given because of the 112 process.

This doesn't mean things can't change in the future but I think people are making more out of this 112 requirement than it really may be. In either case, if you're not willing to take some risk you're only choice is to wait (which you have done for quite some time) or spend for a factory unlock.

14. HacKing macrumors newbie

It is Possible just.. not yet

it is possible to jailbreak it and upgrade the baseband but Greepois0n hasnt yet released -'.Greenpois0n RC7.'- which jailbreaks 4.3.1 it should be relesed sometime in this next month or a while after so look out for it..

uprgading the baseband is easy as well.
    it might not work on your device but it worked on mine all i had to do was unlock it with ultrasn0w by adding the source to cydia if your having trouble with upragding the baseband there are tons of videos on youtube so....

15. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Please refer to OP's original post to see what he has.

I just would like to point out the incorrect information you have on your post.

1. Jailbreak on 4.3.1 - This is available now, dev team release Redsn0w on 3/10 to jailbreak this latest 4.3.1 firmware and it is untethered.

2. I do not know what baseband you have on your phone, but OP's Iphone has 02.10 baseband. Currently, there is no unlock for 02.10 or higher baseband.

16. iFiend macrumors 65816

fail