Is it possible to keep an app when switching iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shingad, Jul 4, 2010.

1. shingad macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

So the problem is, my dad paid for a bunch of apps on his new iphone 4. The next day, we see the yellow discoloration problem at the bottom left side of the screen, unfortunately. We hope to go to the ATT store to get this replaced ASAP but is it possible to keep the apps that he downloaded? Like, does the apple store keep the receipt so that you can download it for free on your next iphone? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

2. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

apps are tied to your itunes account not to your iphone.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Sync the phone with iTunes. Then return it. Then when you sync your new phone they will all be there. Or you can redownload them for free as long as you are signed into the same account.

4. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Sync the phone to iTunes and it will backup the apps.

It might also be worth waiting a few days and see if the yellow glue disappears by itself, it has done so for a lot of people.

5. shingad thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a bunch everyone. Yeah, my dad wouldve been upset as he spent over 40 dollars on apps as soon as he got it.

6. iae610 macrumors member

Just sync to iTunes like the others have said. Also I have heard that the yellow will go away in a few days after the liquid evaporates fully. Either way just backup to iTunes:D

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Even if you don't sync the iPhone Apps to your computer you can still just re-download them. As stated Apps are tied to the itunes account and not the iPhone.