Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Toddler

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
So I added my yahoo information to the phone and my contacts were imported, which is good, since I'll need them when sending e-mails.

However, when I try to make a call, they are in there as well.

Is it possible to keep phone contacts separate so that when I'm making a call, I don't have to look at all those e-mail contacts? (That is, without eliminating e-mail contacts from the phone entirely.)

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
You could create a group for email only and another one for phone only, then add the relevant contacts into those groups.

ed.liebfried

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2012
No App

I can't believe there's no app that does this. Examining each card and moving them to groups (especially using a phone) is pretty tedious. Any more ideas? Thanks!

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
In the OP's case it's possible to select either the Phone contacts or the Yahoo contacts without having to assign them to groups.

Not sure about your case as you haven't provided details. Do you not have a computer to edit/manage contacts? How do need them separated?

There's probably little demand for such an app as people tend to know who they're trying to contact and just directly select the contact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.