So since going to 5.1, the battery life on my iPhone 4 is horrible. I feel like I'm using an Android phone. Before 5.1, if I just had it in my pocket not really using it for much, the battery would last me all day long (and well into the next in most cases). However, since going to 5.1, I have to keep a charger with me at all times. For example, I had to go to the doctors yesterday. When I left my house I had 60% of my battery remaining. When I got home, I had 5% remaining. I was gone a total of a few hours and only did minor web browsing and sent a few text messages. A far cry from what previous firmware was giving me. Even if the phone is in standby, it'll drain around 5%-10% per hour. I've done everything to try and maximize the battery life but that's not helping. My girlfriend is having the same exact issues on her iPhone 4 as well, but she never jailbroke/backed up her blobs. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir to a lot of folks. So, with all that said, I'd like to downgrade to iOS 5.0.1 (or hell, I'd take 4.3.3 if I could at this point)... and that's not a problem. My issue is that iTunes nor iCloud will restore the backup of a newer firmware to an older firmware, which makes perfect sense (iMessage and such wasn't on iOS4.x). What I'm wondering is if it's possible to downgrade and manually restore said backup databases. Or is there a 3rd party utility that will do this? I tried searching google for this info and only really found 'how to downgrade your iphone' guides or a small number of message board posts asking the same thing without much of an answer. Has anyone been through this? I'll gladly take iOS 5.0.1 if that's my only real option, but would really like to go back to iOS4. I don't want to lose all of my text message conversations, notes, contacts, etc. I guess if push comes to shove, I 'could' sync most of that with windows and re-sync it back to the phone after I downgrade, but I'll still be SOL as far as past text messages go. Can anyone help with with this? I'm really frustrated at this point. I understand why it doesn't work and why Apple wouldn't allow it... but it's ************* that they'd release such a garbage/buggy iOS version in the first place.