Is it possible to only install iPhoto from install disk?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Horttiger22, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Horttiger22 macrumors newbie

Just recently I received my ebay find in the mail, could not get the install disk to run, or get mavericks installed via the internet update (pressing option key upon start up). So I went to the apple store they hooked me in and installed mavericks no problem at all. So all is well then I get home and get ready to transfer photos and projects over to find out that I do not have any iLife or iWork's applications. I do however have the snow leopard install disc that came with the computer.

Is there any way to get the iPhoto, iMovie, and iWork's apps off of the install disc? I would prefer not to spend $15-$20 per application if I am able to even just get the older versions.

Thanks and I apologize if this is a dumb question, I was just kind of surprised when I got home. I have not really seen any one ask this question and hence have not seen answers.

2. simsaladimbamba

The normal Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD for 29 USD does not contain iLife, even if you got the Family Box. iLife is on the second grey restore DVD or on the iLife DVD, that came with the family box.

And if you have iLife on DVD, you can just install iPhoto.