Is it possible to only PUSH sync one calendar and not all?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by orbitalpunk, Aug 9, 2008.

1. orbitalpunk macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

I have a home and work calendar in my ical but I only want to push my work calendar to my phone. is that possible?

Thanks

2. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

3. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Here's the deal:

* Syncing with MobileMe allows live pushing and it copies the calendar colors correctly, but you can't select WHICH calendar. You get them all.

* Syncing over the USB cable allows calendar selection, but it's not wireless and the colors are messed up.

I suspect these are design bugs that will eventually be fixed, so you'll just have to wait it out. UNLESS, you want to do this workaround:

http://daringfireball.net/2008/08/iphone_ical_caldav

Basically, you make an online Google calendar, and sync that to iCal. It will show up in iCal, but it WON'T sync to the iPhone. So make a Google calendar, put it in iCal, and use that as your home calendar. It won't show up in the iPhone.

This is a silly workaround until Apple fixes the problems, but hey, it works.

4. orbitalpunk thread starter macrumors 6502

orbitalpunk

thanks guys, ill just stick with the cable sync until then.

5. dfkaplan macrumors newbie

I take it that ical is mac only? I'd love to be able to use my google calendar as my iphone calendar aside from doing it in safari. I guess I can set up my outlook :(