Is it possible to pre-order Iphone 5 online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shinhaku, Sep 11, 2011.

1. shinhaku macrumors newbie

When iphone 4 first came out did Apple open up the website or pre-order? I want to buy iphone 5 but I'm not in the States atm so I can't wait in line in front of the store so just want to know if they would have preorder on the website or not. If not immediately then how long after the official release date.

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

They will give that info at the media event. I believe last year it was 10-12 days before release.

3. troop231 macrumors 603

Generally a week and a few days after the event is when pre-ordering starts online.

4. Ayman250 macrumors member

Ayman250

It will be possible, however considering how much "hype"/media influence this has and the extended wait for release there will be a repeat of last year and the phone will be available for preorder for a short period of time due to an overflow of preorders.

5. shinhaku thread starter macrumors newbie

Is the release of iphone 5 only for America? What about Asia? Like South Korea for example? Will it take a few months after the American release?

6. troop231 macrumors 603

Generally yes, depending on what country, it will take longer, sometimes a few months.

7. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

We can't answer that!

The iPhone 3 was released on the same date over a lot of countries, so the tome of release depended on where you were in respect to the date line. In reality though the numbers of units available in a lot of countries were quite small and were sold out in an hour or so, then people needed to wait for a couple of months.
    That was all just marketing hype.

iPhone 4 was rolled out across there home markets first, then a few weeks later elsewhere.

What they will do this time is anyone’s guess, though given how long it has been since the last model, they likely won't have too greater lag across different countries, as long as there aren’t great production-rate issues.

8. dave006 macrumors 68020

For the iPhone 4 launch here were the first markets that were announced.

June 7, 2010 Keynote

Apple announced that the Apple iPhone 4 will be made available on June 24 in five countries which are the US, France, Germany, United Kingdom and Japan.

July 26, 2010

iPhone 4 will officially debut this Friday, July 30 2010 in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. The phone will be purchasable through Apple’s retail and online stores, as well as Apple Authorized Resellers, the company said.​

Dave

9. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I'm assuming you mean when the iPhone 5 actually comes out. Then yes it will be able for pre-order... Maybe a week or two before it comes out; but the pre-orders usually run out fast so... good luck to you! :D

10. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I'm really happy that Apple takes care of the U.S. customers with quick release dates :)

Samsung pissed me the **** off with taking 5 months to bring the galaxy s2 to the states :mad:

Won't buy from a company that tries to sell me 5 month old tech as "brand new"...

11. tomtom101 macrumors regular

Ahh i wish i could say i felt for you, but normally the US gets 90% of technology first! I know ill be waiting for at least a month after the release date to get the iphone in my country!

12. Mcbee macrumors newbie

yes but i don't think you can get the phone until late Nov:D