Is it possible to push the glowing Apple logo into the case by accident?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by str0ppy, Aug 10, 2015.

1. str0ppy macrumors member

I'm just wondering how fixed in place the glowing Apple logo is on the lid of a Macbook. Could excessive force see it come loose or pushed in, or is it solid with something holding it in place from the other side and not just some adhesive.

Strange question perhaps, but I'd like to know the answer anyway.

Thanks

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

3. str0ppy thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Presumably there would have to be quite a bit of force for it to happen?

If not and it just happened without being forced much I suppose it would be covered by Apple Care?

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

No it wouldn't any accidental damage is not covered.

5. str0ppy thread starter macrumors member

Sure, but if it just happened without any accident or force then that would be a fault and therefore covered.

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

It wouldn't happen without any force being applied and there is pretty much no way you could prove that it did so apple care just won't cover it. However your insurance would.

7. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

It is glued into the aluminum frame. It will take a good amount of force to dislodge it. If it did get dislodged I suspect an Apple tech would treat it as cosmetic damage. Generally, cosmetic damage is not covered by Apple's Standard Warranty or AppleCare.

You can definitely take it to Apple, but for screen repairs they replace the entire lid component so it will be expensive.