Is it possible to re-swap my ip4 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wodnjs13, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Wodnjs13, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012

Wodnjs13 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. I got my ip4 on the 24th June which was the first release date. I've never used any apple products before and I was really happy with everything about iPhone. However I soon found loads of problems starting from signal to the phone itself. It was obviously a faulty one so I talked to the customer service and the local o2 shop where I got my phone. They agreed that it's faulty and promised to replace it when they get more handsets. I reported it a week after the purchase date and it took 3 weeks for them to get me with new phone. So basically the 30days refund policy was finished after that. My problem now is some scratches on the side band and back of ip4. I got my plastic case(think it was £20nish) from phones4u and the screen shield right away, and had them on the whole time. I soon found that I got several scratches on the side, quite noticeable and figured out that they are actually from the case! Unbelievable- my case is for ip4 and it scratched my phone- so since then I left it naked and ordered a new leather case which has t arrived yet. And I got few more scratches on the back especially around the logo and the camera- this is really annoying as it was not easy to get my iPhone replaced although it was obviously faulty, - I was extremely careful with it and dont think it's entirely my fault. Anyway I asked my local o2shop a week after the replacement but the local shop refused it as the 30day policys over. I'm trying to live with it but it's just really annoying as I can see them so visibly, anyway is there any way I can get it re-swapped again? (as I mentioned before it took 3weeks for them to gt my first one replaced. ). Please help me out. It cost me too much for me to live with it- thanks

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, they're not going to swap it out just because it has scratches.

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

LOL? Most of us here are OCD, but it's your fault that there are scratches, you didn't have to use a case and you could've taken better care of it.

They'll only replace it if you have another issue such as the device not turning on etc.

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

So let me get this straight, YOU scratch your phone, and want another for FREE? Hmmm ya know, my new 4 Runner just got a nick on it, I'm going to go back to the dealership and ask for a new one;)

5. threezero macrumors 6502

Is your screen less than perfect? Dead pixels maybe? O2 probably won't replace it for u but if u have problem other than the signal (remember that's why apple offer free case) apple store will replace it for u. You have 1 yr manafacture warranty. My experience is that if u have screen problem u should exchange it with in the first few month as apple teach their genius how to just replace the screen. Once all of them know how, they will just swap out the screen for u not the whole phone.

6. Wodnjs13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorz

Sorry bit of misunderstanding. I no the scratching bit wouldn't be a reason for a replacement. Obviously that's the main reason now but with other issues I found-(especially the signal issue got alot worse- I couldn't use my phone for a few days basically when I was traveling up noth of England and Scotland. It lost the connection completely whilst my mates phone worked fine) I am wondering if anyone knows about this 30day policy thing, bcus thy didn't swapped mine for 3weeks when I got my first one changed? (reported after a week and took three weeks And thats it) It's bit ridiculous as I can't even claim again due to their delay. Thanks so much for ur replies tho!

7. Turkeywrap macrumors regular

Go To An APPLE store. Dont bother with carriers.

8. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

the 30 day thing applies to the carrier's return policy. since you are beyond that they are under no obligation to return or exchange your phone.

Now, you still have a 1 year warranty through apple called apple care that you could get it replaced under, but only if you have a "qualifying" reason OTHER than reception. A qualifying reason would be some other defect that impairs normal functionality. dead or stuck pixels, yellow tinted display, bluetooth connection issues, proximity sensor issues.

Short of that, you are going to have to live with the scratches. FYI, cheap cases can scratch. also, even expensive cases will scratch if you dont wipe out all the debris before you put it on or dont periodically clean it out.

9. hcho3 macrumors 68030

You scratched your iPhone and you want to exchange it for free? Best thing you are going to get is a refurbished iPhone. You damage your iPhone, and it's your fault.
    Look, I just bought my new car and I just got some scratches on it. Should I go ask for an exchange? No.
    Same thing.

10. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

It's a phone. Sell it on eBay and buy an android. Bye~ :p

11. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Lmao you went to the carrier to get the phone exchanged? You should have went to Apple, instant swap vs waiting three weeks.

12. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If it really drives you nuts you could sell your scratched iPhone online. You will probably make enough to cover the cost of an unsubsidized replacement or close. Its a lot of trouble though.