Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

germaocruz

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2017
Madrid
I have been searching but couldn’t find anything. Is it possible to remove Apple Watch scratches? The body looks mate but the bezel seems to be mirror polished. Anyone has a method?

Thanks!

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
You can easily remove scratches, matching the bead blasted finish is nearly impossible though.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Why don’t you give me an example? Obviously I wasn’t able to find anything
type Ti scratch removal into the search bar - below screenshot is one of the threads that covers your question

1681568103023.png

Spinrite

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2016
Winnipeg
You can use a metal Polish with a dremel tool and a polishing wheel pad and buffing it out with compound but at that point go all out and run it along the entire watch external casing. It will change the appearance of the titanium finish and make it look more like stainless steel.

Reactions: germaocruz

germaocruz

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2017
Madrid
You can use a metal Polish with a dremel tool and a polishing wheel pad and buffing it out with compound but at that point go all out and run it along the entire watch external casing. It will change the appearance of the titanium finish and make it look more like stainless steel.

Thanks but ultra has not the same finish as former Ti Apple Watches, what described on those posts will ruin the ultra. I was looking specific Ultra threats.

germaocruz

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2017
Madrid

Thanks I watched some YouTube videos polishing the ultra and the result looks awful to me. At this stage I assume that’s there’s no way, so I better get use to scratches

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
type Ti scratch removal into the search bar - below screenshot is one of the threads that covers your question

View attachment 2189179
Actually, that thread doesn't answer the OP's question at all. That thread is about a series 6 Ti, with a brushed finish. Really easy to remove scratches on those watches (or polish them to a mirror shine, like I've done with my series 7 Natural Ti). But the Ultra has a sandblasted finish, which is basically impossible to replicate. So no, that thread you posted a screenshot of doesn't help at all.

And to the OP - no, I do t think it's possible to remove scratches without completely messing up the Ultra's sandblasted finish.

Reactions: germaocruz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.