Is it possible to remove Google search from Safari 4 toolbar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by turkay, Jun 15, 2009.

1. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

The title says it all. Is it possible with a tweak or is there any 3rd party app out there?

2. turkay thread starter macrumors regular

turkay

Thanks for your help. Are you sure it removes the Google search from the toolbar? I couldn't see any info that shows it does. :confused:

3. TexasBlake macrumors member

TexasBlake

4. beegie macrumors regular

Ditto what TURKAY asked...

Today Software Update told me Safari 4 was available, so I now have it on my Mac. As usual with most browsers these days, it seems, they ALWAYS include the google search window up in the toolbar next to the URL window.

In the new Safari 4 "Customize Toolbar" options, it will NOT let you choose EITHER the URL window OR the google window, but it sticks BOTH of them up in your toolbar.

So, I'm with TURKAY, who asked the original question in this thread: IS THERE ANY WAY to keep the URL window but REMOVE the google window?

I like a LONG URL window, the way IE for Mac used to have it. I do NOT need a google window since I have my homepage as a google search page so if I want to search, I just click on "HOME." In the toolbar, I'd rather have ONE LONG URL Window.

Surely somebody besides me and Turkay would like this option, and surely/hopefully some Mac techies have figured out a solution?

-----------

As for that Inquisitor app, that has nothing to do with the question of this thread, that I can tell. Looks like somebody just wanting to promote their app-???

-----------

Many Mac thanks! :D
    /beegie

5. rerelease macrumors regular

I think he just misunderstood the question. I thought it was about replacing Google search with something else (Yahoo etc) instead.

As for the toolbar... I have no idea. I know a few good Firefox themes that can recreate the Safari look minus the search bar, though.

6. Aronnax macrumors regular