Is it possible to remove "Shared" button in Photos App?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Raidriar, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Raidriar macrumors newbie

I was just curious as I found videos of previews for the iphone 6 / ios 8 without the middle "shared" button between "photos" and "albums". I find this button annoying because I don't use iCloud for photos and I often hit that item on accident when trying to scroll, opening the control center, or selecting something near the bottom of the screen.

Any help? It seems like the photo app got worse since ios6 imo. I don't even understand why photo icons on the folders are always the oldest picture and you can't change that. It used to be the first image in the folder (so you could actually move the photo to the front if you want that image on the folder).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Stock? No.

Jailbroken. Possible.

Wait for the iOS 8 jailbreak, jailbreak and then as on the JB forums here. It's probably a graphic file somewhere in the file system that can be renamed or something. Or maybe someone can make a tweak. IDK.

But stock? No.

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I'm with you on this. The shared button is useless to me and I keep accidentally pressing it. I wish the photos app were more simple like it used to be.

4. Arcade macrumors regular

Arcade

You can remove it by going into photos & cameras in settings. Turn off icloud photo sharing.