Is it possible to restore Lion screensaver

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by inscrewtable, Jul 28, 2012.

1. inscrewtable macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

For some reason the mosaic screensaver is gone from ML.

Not that I wanted that option but I used to use the 'display' option when a folder of photos was selected. Basically it would sling the photos one at a time all over the screen. Now it's gone.

I still have my Lion setup on my clone which I have not updated yet so I was wondering if it's possible to dig this old screensaver out of the system and put it into ML.

Most of the current tricky screensaver from folder options crop the photos and thus are useless.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Then main included screen savers are located in YourHardDrive/System/Library/ScreenSavers/ copy the saver (don't just move it) you like to a safe place before you upgrade to 10.8 (Mountain lion) Then move the copied screensaver to your Home folder ScreenSavers folder (hold down the 'option' key while clicking on the 'Go' Finder menu item and select 'Library' When your Home Library opens up put that copied screensaver file to that Library folder.

3. inscrewtable thread starter macrumors 65816

inscrewtable

It appears to have the same savers there in Lion as in ML. It does not appear to have the mosaic or any of the other options that could be chosen in Lion, or even leopard for that matter.

In ML a folder is selected in it's own little section and all these strange savers can then be chosen, like 'origami' for example. But there is no 'origami' screen saver in the System/Library/Screensavers folder. So I was wondering where the OS keeps these resources?

Like I cannot even see the mosaic saver in the old system folder.