Is it possible to return...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by openmoko, Oct 19, 2008.

1. openmoko macrumors newbie

a CTO macbook pro (the new one)?

It hasn't even shipped yet, it's in the "prepared for shipment" stage, so I JUST missed the stage where I could cancel my item.

I was just curious because I am a developer and I forgot about the discount prices... hence paid WAY more than I could have (by the way, I'm a legit developer, unlike many of those that are accessing that page =.=)

Thanks.

2. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Then you should be able to figure out a web page being you are legit unlike others.

3. sk47 macrumors member

afaik, you can't return CTO products. Use your discount for something else then, *cough* *cough* Nehalem....

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

correct, you can't return CTO (?? I've always heard BTO) apple products.
    What did you add to it?

5. openmoko thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh crap... are u serious??? I only added a 250gb 7200rpm hard drive which is so easily replaceable now with the new form factor.

hmm, i might have to check in with an apple genius about this issue.

6. Jatku macrumors member

Some people have said they've been able to return their BTO (or CTO, whatever) by just calling them and explaining the situation. Maybe they'll allow you to get a refund of the difference to save some hassle.

7. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

like jatku said, you can call and ask about it. But the fine print states that you can't return a CTO item. (which is kinda scary, cause all of the adapters are considered CTO, not accessories).

CTO Options (the bottom of the page)
    Fine Print

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I would be one of them i ordered a 20" 2.66GHz with 500GB HDD but didnt like the screen and promptly phone Apple and told them my screen was washed out which it was and wanted to return and the guy did so no questions

9. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I think the odds are pretty good that a call to Apple will result in a refund of the difference.

10. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

It's possible that Apple MAY be able to offer you a credit for the amount you were suppose to get discounted however when ordering using the developer discount you have to start the order from your personal developer page so the asset gets used from your account. If Apple is unable to access your assets then you won't get credited.

I don't think anyone is getting away with cheating on the developer discount option. The discount may show however upon shipment Apple checks for the available asset used to discount the purchase. If no asset is showing they will cancel your order.

11. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

I returned a BTO iMac two years ago with no problems whatsoever.

But things may have changed since then. :eek: