is it possible to save your folder arrangements?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iluvifone, Jan 17, 2011.

1. iluvifone, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

iluvifone macrumors 6502

I use Folderenhancer on my Iphone 4, and i'm wondering if it's possible to 'backup' my arrangement, so to speak, so that when I restore my iPhone, I can have all those folders grouped and sorted as before.

Thanks!

2. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

3. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

This might be better answered in the iPhone Hacks section.

That being said, I use FolderEnhancer and last time I restored and reinstalled FolderEnhander it automatically puts things where they were after a respring. I don't know if it is suppose to but it was very cool it happened.

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

This is true, but only if you restore from backup. I just restored my phone as a new iphone, and I copied the Preferences and Preferences Loader folders back in, and it didn't work. So if someone comes up with a way, Id be interested.

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

OP, I assume you aren't jailbroken, but if you are, you can get a tweak called BackBoard from Cydia. It will save your icon and folder arrangement (and what apps are in those folders). If you aren't jailbroken, I'm not sure what you could use.

6. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

Kentucky, I assume you didn't read my post properly. Heck, how would I be talking about folderenhancer if I wasn't jailbroken?

7. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Wow. I was simply asking a question in trying to help you out. No need to get snotty.

Don't worry...I won't make that mistake again. Good luck finding help with an attitude like that.

8. iluvifone thread starter macrumors 6502

lol no hard feelings, i just get annoyed when ppl skim over threads and provide generic comments.. but ur advice was appreciated :)

9. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

I don't really see how the OP had an attitude there.