Is it possible to share apps?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by superman193, Jul 12, 2008.

1. superman193 macrumors regular

Is it possible to share apps? I really want super monkey ball but I dont wanna ask my parrents for 10 $ when they just got me my ipod... is it posible to share?

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

You would need to have someone who bought it authorize your computer through iTunes, and transfer the .ipa application file to your computer. ;)

3. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

Or, if you are personal friends with an app's developer, then you might be able to convince them to make your iPod Touch one of the 100 they're allowed to authorize for direct ad-hoc distribution of their app.

4. redking31591 macrumors 6502

i got the 2.0 software and it transfered to my brothers touch and so did monkey ball

5. SuperMacMan macrumors regular

SuperMacMan

I have the same problem, I have an iPod Touch right now & really want Sketches, however I don't want to pay for it again when I get my iPhone 3G.

So by the looks of these posts you can put apps on more than 1 iPod Touch/iPhone right? If so, that's just like music, as you can transfer it to as many iPods so long as they always sync with your computer only.

I hope this is the case, because I am just about to purchase Super Monkey Ball right now. Please tell me if this is not the case.

SuperMacMan