Is it possible to stop a Wireless network prompt?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pbateman, Dec 10, 2010.

1. pbateman macrumors 6502

There is a new wireless scanner system at work and somehow my phone is picking it up as if it was a Wireless connection I could connect to.
    Every time I use the phone at work and try to access the web or email, I get prompted to join this network. It's getting kind of annoying since I have to keep clicking cancel all the time. I do not want to just turn off wireless because I do use it at home and elsewhere, and don't really want to turn the 'Ask to join networks' option off since I do want to be able to join networks elsewhere.
    I'm basically just trying to prevent it from trying to join this one specific network....is it possible? or do i have to keep clicking cancel all the time..

Thx!

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Probably not without jailbreaking

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

in the option there is a choice to tell it to night try to join unknown networks. This will stop it from popping up.

4. jas1973 macrumors 6502

go into settings and click wifi, and turn off "ask to join networks"

5. outphase macrumors 65816

You can still join networks even if you turn off "Ask to join networks." You just need to go to wifi settings.

It's your choice. Occasional extra steps when at a new location or an all-the-time requirement to click cancel.

6. pbateman thread starter macrumors 6502

Kind of figured that would be the only way...... Thanks!

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd