Is it possible to stop a Wireless network prompt?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pbateman, Dec 10, 2010.

1. pbateman macrumors 6502

Jan 9, 2009
    There is a new wireless scanner system at work and somehow my phone is picking it up as if it was a Wireless connection I could connect to.
    Every time I use the phone at work and try to access the web or email, I get prompted to join this network. It's getting kind of annoying since I have to keep clicking cancel all the time. I do not want to just turn off wireless because I do use it at home and elsewhere, and don't really want to turn the 'Ask to join networks' option off since I do want to be able to join networks elsewhere.
    I'm basically just trying to prevent it from trying to join this one specific it possible? or do i have to keep clicking cancel all the time..

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

Feb 11, 2010
    Probably not without jailbreaking
  3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Oct 9, 2006
    in the option there is a choice to tell it to night try to join unknown networks. This will stop it from popping up.
  4. jas1973 macrumors 6502

Sep 10, 2010
    go into settings and click wifi, and turn off "ask to join networks"
  5. outphase macrumors 65816

Jun 13, 2009
    Parts Unknown
    You can still join networks even if you turn off "Ask to join networks." You just need to go to wifi settings.

It's your choice. Occasional extra steps when at a new location or an all-the-time requirement to click cancel.
  6. pbateman thread starter macrumors 6502

Jan 9, 2009
    Kind of figured that would be the only way...... Thanks!
  7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Nov 21, 2009
    Up There