Is it possible to stop photos appearing in camera roll?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FumbleDuck, Jun 29, 2015.

1. FumbleDuck macrumors member

Hi all,

my wife and I take a fair number of photos on days out with the family using the same camera. However my wife looks after and processes all the family photos and I look after my "arty" ones.

The issue I have is that when it comes to downloading all the photos from the day to my ipad, I dont want the photos app taking the family photos and synching them with the cloud as there could be hundreds of those as they are processed/archived elsewhere (on another machine in Lightroom/windows).

What I am after is to be able to download all images to my ipad and then choose which ones I move to the camera roll and then I can move the family ones off to another machine over my local wifi without the ipad/icloud/photos/whatever knowing that they exist.

Anyone know if this kind of thing is possible?

cheers.

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

How are you downloading the photos to your iPad? That may help me understand your workflow to see if what you want can be done.

3. FumbleDuck thread starter macrumors member

Hi,

I have a toshiba flashair SD card in my camera which presents its own wifi network when the camera is on. I connect to this from the ipad using the companion Toshiba App which lets me preview and download the images. I dont actually know where they get downloaded (new to iOS, spent years with Android) but I assume its somewhere within the Flashair apps' local storage which the Photos App can access.

I could download only the ones I want but then that would require two lots of manual filtering and connecting the camera to two different devices which I am not keen to do. I want the ipad to be the "hub" from which I assign photos out to other machines in the house - mainly because its so easy to crash on the couch and flip through each photo at high speed in good resolution.

I could potentially use my MBP and download to a separate folder before importing into Photos but I am trying to reduce the usage of the laptop in favour of the ipad.

Its not a particularly burning issue but it would be nice if I could find a solution.