Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlackMamba14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
I have a video on my iPad 2 that I want to share with a friend. How can I stream my video to my friends idevices?

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK
If the video is not DRM protected (i.e. not bought from iTunes) and you are both on the same wireless network then AirView or AirFrame should be able to do what you want. Get your friend to start one of these Apps on their iPhone, then start the video on your iPad, choose the AirPlay icon and select your friend's iPhone as the target.

stillill

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2008
Am in the UK, but don't see either of these apps in the app store on my iPhone. Have they been canned already?

Would be nice to stream content from my 32gb iPhone to my 16gb iPad 2..., but AirFrame, AirView etc don't seem to be available any more.

:(

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Am in the UK, but don't see either of these apps in the app store on my iPhone. Have they been canned already?

Would be nice to stream content from my 32gb iPhone to my 16gb iPad 2..., but AirFrame, AirView etc don't seem to be available any more.

The app PhotoSync will stream pictures or videos to another ios device, as well as any computer. I find it absolutely invaluable:
http://www.photosync-app.com/

cinca

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010

I'm in the US and don't see either of those apps. I think that person is confused.

cinca

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
The app PhotoSync will stream pictures or videos to another ios device, as well as any computer. I find it absolutely invaluable:
http://www.photosync-app.com/

+1 recommendation for PhotoSync. I love it as well. However, I will point out that it doesn't STREAM videos or photos but rather allows you and your friend to easily transfer photos and videos between your two phones. I you don't want your friend having a copy this might not a be a good solution. Additionally, I think it will cost $2 for each of you to download and install the app. You I'll also need to both be on the same wifi network.

As far as I know there isn't a way (or an app) to STREAM video content directly between devices. I think there are ways to do it using a program running on a Mac on the same wireless network but sounded like you are looking for something more spontaneous..

What will hopefully come out is an app that allows your iPhone to become a receiving AirPlay "screen" so that it pops up as an AirPlay device another iPhone or iPad can stream to -- but I don't believe that exists for now.

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK
I'm in the US and don't see either of those apps. I think that person is confused.

AirView definitely was on the App Store as I downloaded it and tried it out. However I can't find either of them now so maybe Apple has pulled them?

dimsume

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
I actually have an opposite predicament. I have a 32GB iphone already and i didn't feel it was necessary to get a 32GB ipad2 so I bought a 16gb one instead. If i'm on a plane (without wi-fi), is there any way I can stream from my iphone 4 onto my iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.