Is it possible to sync iLife on seperate computers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajwells1, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ajwells1 macrumors newbie

This is what I am trying to do. I have an old iMac G4 (you know the white one with the dome bottom and adjustable screen) and I recently purchased a MacBook Pro.

What I am trying to do is be able to access the same photos, music, emails, and calander on the seperate computers. Right now I have all my music and photos on an external hard drive and have it set up on my old computer to access it there.

I have a wireless router for the laptop and was hoping that there is a way that I can access the same music and photos, plus have one computer recognize updates to email or calendar when made on the other computer.

Someone please help.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. ajwells1 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is an option, but I was really looking for a way that both computers could access the same information. Not one computer access the other computer.

More like this: I have an iTouch and if I add a date to the calendar while I am out...the next time I attach it to the G4 it updates the calendar on it.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Doesn't it do that already :confused::confused::confused:

I don't really get what you're after because if you share both computers' HD, you can access all data from one computer. Of course there is MobileMe which syncs all Macs too

5. ajwells1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a little research and it seems like MobileMe is what I am looking for. Basically be able to access the same email, and calander for multiple computers and having them all update when a change is made on one.

I was really hoping that there was a way to do it without having to pay for the $99 service. Is there any way around this?

6. ajwells1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone have a way of getting around MobileMe? I don't need the iDisk all I want is to be able to sinc iLife with my 2 computers and iTouch.

Any ideas?

7. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can buy it from eBay for less than 60$ link

8. ajwells1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I guess I didn't do as much homework as I thought. I was under the impression that MobileMe was a subscription? Is it just a one time purchase? That would not be so bad.