Is it possible to sync ONLY Facebook profile pics with Mac/iPhone Contacts?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jon08, Sep 24, 2016.

1. jon08 macrumors 68000

I would only like to transfer Facebook contact profile pics to my iPhone Contacts. Is this even possible without Facebook interfering with the rest of my contacts' data on my phone?? (e.g. if a contact of mine only lists the day and month of their birthday on Facebook, while I currently have that contact's complete birthday info including the year of birth on my phone, will Facebook sync what's on Facebook and replace what I have on my phone with that? In other words, if a contact lists their bday on FB as Feb. 2, while on my phone I have it inserted as Feb. 2, 1981, will I end up with Feb. 2 only if I synced with FB?)

The thing is I'm quite meticulous when it comes to my contacts and they are already arranged nicely by their first and last name, birthday etc. Now all I need would be the pics.

I'm afraid that if I sync my iPhone Contacts with Facebook it will mess up my current contacts and add duplicates where some contact might have a slightly altered/abbreviated/whatever name on FB as opposed to what I have on my phone. I'm also afraid it might replace birthdays etc. with trash some people might list on their FB accounts.

Please advise?

2. RansZ28 macrumors regular

RansZ28