Is it possible to transfer my LCD screen from 2009 MacBook Pro to 2009 Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by themamba24, Apr 19, 2014.

1. themamba24 macrumors newbie

Hello MacRumors,

My friend has a 2009 Macbook Pro 13.3" Model:W8930DH166E with a broken logic board and I have a 2009 Macbook 13.3" with a broken LCD screen.

I believe that both of my Macbooks use the same LCD screen and I was wondering if it is possible to transfer the screen from the Pro to the Regular.

Will I run into any issue with the graphics card or the ports?

Thanks for the help,
    themamba24

2. Cristian .b macrumors member

That wont be possible except if they use the same display cable, which i guess they dont

3. themamba24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if they use the same display cable?

I remember reading here that it could be possible, but I want some more opinions: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1369004

but I wasn't sure if what one of the posters said was applicable in my situation?

Thanks

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

If all connectors are the same and in the same place, I don't see why a straight swap wouldn't work.

Do you plan on doing the work yourself? If you feel comfortable with it, might as well dismantle both to the point where you'll see the display cable and the way it attaches to the logic board, you'll have your answer then.

5. bigeasy_uk macrumors 6502

Why don't you compare the ifixit guides for each machine, probably quicker than taking both machines apart!