Is it possible to turn off data at a given time?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MacMan988, Nov 27, 2012.

1. MacMan988 macrumors 6502a

I use an internet package that has special rates from midnight to 6am. Is it possible to turn off data at 6am so that it wont download any data if the cheap rates time is passed?

2. Oui macrumors 6502

No

3. nw9 macrumors regular

You can simply manually turn off cellular data yourself in your settings. I don't think there is a way to set an automatic turn off an on at a scheduled time, but you can do it manually.

4. BRyken macrumors 6502

This would be a nice feature though. Especially for my parents who have the smaller data plans and don't understand what and how much they use data. Just turning it off so they can't use it would be useful in this case.

I don't feel this is EVER likely as carriers love those overage charges...:cool:

5. CrossX macrumors member

Just set some daily reminder for it. And turn off manually :)

6. BRyken macrumors 6502

Decent workaround.

7. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

That is impossible to do with Apple because iOS is so inflexible that it is useless for many common tasks. On Android, you could simply download any location profile app that can turn on and off cellular data with conditions like the time of day or even where you are. I myself use the Llama Android app to do this. Motorola phones have this built in. With Android, it just works.