Is it possible to unlock iPhone 4 3.0.03?

SamEB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
I just want to make sure I can before I buy it. I bought one on 4.11.08 last week and couldn't unlock it.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
wtf are you talkin about?

use a Gevey SIM ultra from AppleNBerry.com a legit retailer.
i got 1 :D
The poster was referring to software unlocks for iPhone4
Yes, your sim interposer unlocks additional iPhone4 basebands

----------

1.59.00 is a software unlock. To unlock 3.0.03 you'll need a Gevey Sim.
You better check the manufacturer's site carefully.
Your phone is a CMDA phone and I don't believe the sim interposers work on non-GSM phones at all.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
You better check the manufacturer's site carefully.
Your phone is a CMDA phone and I don't believe the sim interposers work on non-GSM phones at all.
Ah, thanks for the clarification DH. Didn't know baseband 3.0.03 was for the CDMA iPhone.

SamEB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
I am tearing my hair out trying to find an iPhone that I can unlock for use with T-Mobile.

What about an iPhone 3GS for AT&T with firmware version 05.16.05?

If that doesn't work, I am giving up on ever owning an iPhone and throwing my current phone out the window.

praktical

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2012
Oklahoma City Oklahoma.
iPhone unlock.

I am tearing my hair out trying to find an iPhone that I can unlock for use with T-Mobile.

If that doesn't work, I am giving up on ever owning an iPhone and throwing my current phone out the window.
Dont give up man. Back in the day I accidentally upgraded my 3GS and was stuck with a brick for a couple of months until the unlock came out. Just be patient.

SamEB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Dont give up man. Back in the day I accidentally upgraded my 3GS and was stuck with a brick for a couple of months until the unlock came out. Just be patient.
I considered waiting, but I saw another thread about 4.11.08 and everyone said I should just sell the phone because an unlock is never coming out. I'm just bummed 'cause I've found a couple good deals on phones and I can't unlock ANY of them. I'm soo sick of my LG GS170, the worst phone on the planet.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I considered waiting, but I saw another thread about 4.11.08 and everyone said I should just sell the phone because an unlock is never coming out. I'm just bummed 'cause I've found a couple good deals on phones and I can't unlock ANY of them. I'm soo sick of my LG GS170, the worst phone on the planet.
They are good deals because they cannot be unlocked.
Unlockable iPhones bring a much higher resale.

----------

This is such a simple concept, you are making it too difficult.
There are dozens of websites that give software unlock options for phones/firmwares/basebands/manufacture dates.

Plus, for iPhone4, you have sim interposers.

Hint: Click the Jailbreak/Unlock link in my signature.

SamEB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Ok. That chart says I can't do this one either. So yeah. Done. Thanks for the chart though.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
I've said this before, but if you depend on an unlock to use the phone every day, you're much better off getting an officially unlocked phone - the peace of mind is worth the extra $450.

Or I suppose you can try cutyoursim etc, IMO $185 would be worth it to never have to worry about it. IMO software unlocks are only good for those who travel occasionally and don't necessarily