is it possible to use 2 iphone 3GS's on 1 itunes account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tofty1234, Aug 31, 2010.

1. tofty1234 macrumors newbie

hey i have managed to sync 2 iphones on to 1 account but when i try to update or buy new apps on my newer iphone my second 1 it wont let me allthough it already has all my itunes acc downloads on the new phone? anybody know why please?:(:confused:

2. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

You need to plug in your newer iPhone, load up itunes, right click on your phone, and transfer your purchases. Once you transfer your purchases to itunes, plug in the other phone and transfer the new apps to it.

I have two iPhone 4s synced to my itunes account.

3. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Yes you can. We have 2 iPhones, 2 iPod touches and 3 iPods all connected on one iTunes account. We separate music per each device by playlists.

4. err404 macrumors 68020

I use 2 iPhones (3GS and 4) connected to two separate laptops. Both laptops share the same iTunes account. If I download an app to one phone, I can download it again for free to the other (via the app store on the phone, or iTunes).
    The only quirk is that the App Store does not tell you that you already own the app and asks you buy it a second time; however, before the app is downloaded you will get a pop-up message saying that the download will be free.

5. GangstaMac macrumors newbie

Does iTunes recognize each phone as a seperate phone and keep its specific apps on each iPhone? I would hate to manually select what apps to keep on each phone everytime...

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yeah. You can even give them different names.

You don't have to, but it makes things easier if you ever plug them both in at the same time.

7. trungthiendo macrumors regular

i believe its up to 5 iphones that u can sync the same apps to.