Is it possible to use 9400 in bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kurenaiz, Feb 25, 2009.

1. kurenaiz macrumors member

I'm running a Unibody MBP and everytime I log in to Vista through bootcamp, the fans are always too noisy and the machine get really hot.

Is there a way to switch the graphic to 9400 instead of the default 9600?

I search the forum and found a thread in december said that it's impossible.

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Its possible but so difficult i wouldnt bother.

Its also possible using XP to use both cards in Hybrid SLI and Hybrid SLY but again i wouldnt even think about it if i was in your shoes.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

That thread is correct. In Windows/Boot Camp, the 9600M GT will be your primary graphics controller.

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Its impossible currently. I'm not sure if they're gonna change it later on though.

5. kurenaiz thread starter macrumors member

My only problem is that the fan is just too noisy and i was afraid that the machine would eventually overheat.

Other problem I have in bootcamp vista is the incompatibility of the wireless. I think the name is broadcom something. It usually give me the lagging in sound every few seconds, which is very annoying. I use Vista Anti-Lag as a temporary situation, but windows is really stupid, it forces me to reinstall the program everytime i log into vista. It would said things like the program has stopped working for some reason, and when i re-run the program, I got the same message.

Anybody shares the same problem???