Is it possible to use a Bluetooth headset AND a regular headset at the same time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LeahM, Sep 16, 2008.

1. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

The title pretty much says it all. I have a. Bluetooth headset and I want to connect anothe headset but when I do, it only allows me to use one method.

Is there a way to get around this?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You can't. It's the limitation of the profile.

3. AppliedMicro macrumors 6502a

Why not?

I really think this should really work, I probably have used it sometimes. If you think about it: the build-in microphone on your notebook isn't anything different.

It is, however, somewhat application-specific. You would either need an application which overrides the default input device set in system preferences, some kind of mixing the two together or the like, to make some meaningful use of that. For instance, you should be able to set a different input device in Skype, overriding system default. Keep in mind that many applications are only designed to work with one input at a time.

Well... let me say that this is all a bit "fuzzy" knowledge as I really don't have much use for such configurations. Still, I'd think the gist should be correct... ;)

4. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

I was trying to figure it out because I had a 4 hour layover and a whole season of Dexter to watch. But we ended up finding a headset splitter. But it could still come in handy