iPad mini Is it possible to use a normal mobile sim in a iPad mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rasta4i, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Rasta4i macrumors regular

Rasta4i

Hello everyone I would just like to find out the answer to a question before I buying a cellular iPad mini. I have a normal sized SIM card that I cut down to a micro sim. However I'm about to sell the phone that the sim is current used in and I would like to know if it is possible to cut it down further to a nano sim. If this works I would also like to know it would then be possible to put it in a iPad mini to use for the 3G? I ask because I've heard that normal mobile phone SIM cards cannot be used in iPad mini's, apparently it doesn't work for some reason. Does anyone know about this?

2. ramram55 macrumors 6502

3. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a

DesertEagle

I'm sure OP knows about sim card cutters.

The question is will a normal sim card work with the iPad mini if it has been cut to nano-size?

4. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

Yes, only a small part of center is all u need to read the sim

5. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

It works. I'm using a full size sim cut to fit iPad mini. Depending on the carrier, you may or may not need to use iPhone configuration utility to set the APN.

6. Rasta4i thread starter macrumors regular

Rasta4i

Ok thanks very much for your helpful answers! I contacted my network and they will supply me with a nano sim, so now it's just if a voice and data sim works inside the iPad for data use only...