Is it possible to use GMAIL smileys in ENTOURAGE??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jon08, Oct 18, 2009.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

I'm about to "migrate" from Gmail webmail to Entourage for the first time. At times I like to use Gmail's smileys for fun when sending an e-mail to a specific person, so I was wondering if there's a way to integrate Gmail's smileys into Entourage? Or somehow be able to access them through Entourage?

2. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. pdjudd macrumors 601

4. Middling macrumors regular

What are displayed on Gmail's interface may not be what the person on the receiving end sees (unless they're using Gmail of course).

Gmail simply replaces a piece of text, such as ; ) (no space) with an emoticon ;), in much the same way as this forum does.

Some email clients do allow you to replace textual emoticons with images, but only for display purposes on your end, and the icons will differ from the ones available in Gmail.

I suppose it would be possible to copy all the emoticon images that Gmail has and then insert them into emails if you write them as HTML, but i've never had any use for HTML emails so haven't attempted it myself.

5. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

^^ Hm, but when someone from Gmail sends me an e-mail with emoticons to my Yahoo e-mail, I can always see the smileys, so it's not just a Gmail to Gmail thing...

6. Middling macrumors regular

Perhaps Yahoo is doing the same thing as Google and replacing the textual emoticon with the image?

7. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Not sure, but it displays Gmail smileys when received from Gmail, although Yahoo mail has its own emoticons...