Is it possible to use my Camera to make Youtube videos?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sissco, May 18, 2009.

1. Sissco macrumors newbie

Is it possible to use my little built in camera on the top of the screen to make youtube videos? Is it even possible to use the camera at all? can I somehow use it to link up with others and talk to other people over the 'net? Do I need to get a Mic for it?

Just asking

Sissco

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Umm,
    Yes to all.

You can use iMovie to use the camera to record movies then post those movies online.

You can use iChat or Skype to video chat with others.

Your mac has a built in mic.

3. Sissco thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, Several more Q's If I may:

Were do I find "IMovie"? how does it work? IS it simple to use?

How much, generally do such sites, Skype for example cost? Does Ichat cost anything?

thanks

Sissco

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

iMovie should be in your application folder as it comes free with every new mac.

Skype and iChat are both free (iChat should already be in your Applications folder, you'll need to download Skype though).

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

You can use Spotlight to search also, press on your keyboard command and the space bar then write the name of the application that you want to search, iMovie

6. ethical macrumors 68000

you can also use photo booth to record videos. with click on the finder icon in the bottom left of your dock, and click on applications on the left, the go to Photo Booth... or, press both Command (the one with the apple logo on it) and the spacebar, then type in "photo booth" and click on the result. let photo booth load, reocrd a video, and upload the saved movie to youtube. you can find the video in "User Name">Pictures>Photo Booth,

7. Sissco thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks you three, I've only been at this site for less than 24 hours and already I love it! I'm not a registered member of Youtube yet.... but going by your simple instructions I made a simple 10 second video using the Mac Camera for testing purposes and as a result it works!!! :D Thanks you lot!

Sissco

8. ethical macrumors 68000

glad to help. anymore questions then you know where to ask!