All iPads is it possible to use new trackpad technology in ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wetcanvas, Apr 19, 2015.

1. wetcanvas macrumors regular

I was thinking about the new vibration trackpad in macbook pro (and others). The simulated click effect is nice because you can click even the top of the trackpad and it feels like a click. It would be pretty cool if they added this feature to iphones and ipad. For a more immersive effect when you click the ipad buttons you get a click feel when you push them. This would be awesome for the virtual ipad keyboard. They managed to fit the entire device in an air so its not to huge of a device really. It would be worth it even if it made the ipad air a hairline thicker just to have that button click feedback on the keyboard. If apple did this they would be the only tablet manufacturer that had haptic feedback.

I dont know. Maybe im crazy. Just thought it would be cool on the ipad and iphone.

2. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

NO!! It is not going to happen on iPad and iPhone!! :eek:

3. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

Of course they will, in time, when the cost is low enough to justify including with large iPad screen.

They have force touch included with the Apple Watch and the Macbook. Next device to get force touch would be the iPhone. And then, the iPad.

4. wetcanvas thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe I shouldnt have said it out loud. I just saw a samsung guy run to corporate after reading that.

5. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Fixed that for you ;)

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

only person who can say that is Jony. It won't be exactly the same but the tech could perhaps be used for a slight level of pressure detection. And the taptic engine might work better than an actual vibration motor.

So we shall see what we see