Is it possible to use trackpad as a drawing palette?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PenrynMBP, Feb 28, 2008.

1. PenrynMBP macrumors member

Is it possible to use trackpad as a drawing palette? Like instead of buying a WACOM drawing tablet, can you use the trackpad instead?

2. SSerino macrumors member

3. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

If you could, why would you want to? You would move the pen on the trackpad just a tad and you'd be halfway across the screen.

4. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I think the trackpad only works with you use your fingers. Drawing this way would be difficult for anything more than very basic drawings. An external mouse would be a much better option, if getting a Wacom tablet is out.

If you are interested in digital drawing, I suggest trying out a Bamboo tablet, and seeing if you like it. They are cheaper than the Intuos and Cintique's, and portable. Good luck on whatever you decide. :)

5. RolandVet macrumors member

Sorry for the ressurection but my question is identical to the op's.
    And... as of right now?

6. darkdream macrumors member

7. mfrenkie macrumors newbie

8. RKpro macrumors 6502

9. AngryApple macrumors 6502

op: The Bamboo tablets are awesome. I have the Bamboo Fun, best thing I have ever bought. Pretty nice that it came with Photoshop Elements and some other programs I'm too lazy to draw with.

Any questions about it, feel free to PM me. :D

10. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

Autograph is awesome, but it's pretty basic.

I'm surprised there isn't a full-featured application that has drawing capabilities from the trackpad. Snow Leopard does have chinese character recognition, so it can't be hard to make I guess.

11. AaronX macrumors member

I was just wondering about this today. In tablets you can "hover" the pen and the cursor will move, so you know where the pen is when you draw. Hopefully someone will write a software for the touchpad soon. Maybe you could move the cursor with the touchpad, and hold down a button to "pen down". It's hard to click and move at the same time on MBP touchpads.

12. chicken/waffles macrumors newbie