Is it possible to use two Apple Mice and two Apple Keyboards in two different rooms

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hieveryone, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I have a MacBook Pro retina. I have two offices in my house.

I want to be able to take my MBPr to these different rooms and connect it to the magic mouse and magic keyboard.

Right now I'm having to carry the keyboard and mouse to the 2nd office.

2. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

Lets say your rooms are A and B. You would name the keyboards and mice different names in the BT settings (Mouse A, Mouse B, etc.) , and if A and B are far enough from each other that the BT signal from A can't reach B, then, you simply turn BT on the MBP off in room A when you leave and turn it back on in B when you get there.

All this is going to be a little troublesome if A and B aren't fairly far from each other, as the BT connection is pretty robust. In that circumstance you might have to force the connection in the BT settings. Probably more trouble than just taking the mouse and KB along.

My accessories stay connected for more than 100 feet in an office environment and through five walls at home with both my MBA and rMBP.

3. Hieveryone thread starter macrumors 68020

Ahhh OK. Thanks.

I skipped on the mouse and saved some money because that's easy enough to carry.

Just bought an extra keyboard and Magsafe 2.