Is it possible to watch 3D videos on iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by billycorgan, Jul 1, 2011.

1. billycorgan macrumors newbie

Hi:)

Please advise: is it possible to watch 3D videos on my iPod? I mean has anyone tried to convert regular videos to 3D and watch them on their iPod?

I'm asking because a friend of mine said that he actually converts some of his videos to 3D format (he says anaglyph, which is red-blue imagery) and watch them on his iPod. But I think he's joking, never heard of such thing as a program that do such thing.. :confused:

Anyway he told that the program he used was 3D Video Converter and also he tried to such thing in Adobe After Effects. But I don't know...Have you tried to do such conversion of video to 3D? Or maybe you know other programs that can do 3D video out of regular and are proven to support iPod?

Your suggestions are welcome,

Thanks

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

No you can't unless it's the old red/green style

3. StrudelTurnover macrumors regular

Try Youtube first

There are entire YouTube channels devoted to stereoscopic 3D. For the most part it is anaglyph, meaning you will see the colour cast and need tinted glasses. That's really all a normal computer screen can do by itself.

It's a very rudimentary explanation of the different types of 3D, but: for polarized glasses you need projectors, for powered shutter glasses you need a video card, and for no glasses at all you need a Nintendo 3DS. That's where consumer devices are at right now.

4. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

It should be possible to watch 3D movies on your iPod. I've seen 3D images on it (using the red/cyan glasses), and it legit works. There are some free apps available with images that appear 3D when you wear the glasses. Pretty neat.

So your friend may be right. You just need the right glasses and the right video.