Is it possible to ..... ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Norinion, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Norinion macrumors regular

Is it possible to have both visual and audio voicemail active at a time?

If so how would you do that?
    I have visual voicemail active, but i don't want my cellular data on 24/7. and for audio i tried, i get the following message:
    "We need more information to direct you to the appropriate voicemail box, please enter the 10 digit number you wish to leave a voicemail. If you have a voicemail number on this system, please press pound."
    I tried... the voice mail number isn't my actual number... anyone know any solution?

Second question...
    can you cancel a currently sending text message? i know for other phones, there is a cancel button to stop it from sending...

2. SnowDX macrumors 6502

It must be possible with some carriers, as mine works. I just tested. Called from my house phone, left myself a message, turned off data, went into voicemail, got a message saying data was needed for visual voicemail, hit the call voicemail button provided and my voicemail answered, entered password and listened to voicemail.

Who's your cell carrier?

As for cancelling a text message, I didn't notice anything to cancel either (but I've only sent a few text since I just got the phone). I do know that the non-Apple phone I had prior to this and the non-Apple phones of 2 other family members had the cancel sending feature, and it never worked. The message were already sent before hitting cancel, and even though it would tell us "message sending cancelled", the other party had received the message.

3. Norinion thread starter macrumors regular

4. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I'm not with AT&T but their online instructions imply that iPhone users can check their voicemail through standard calling form phone AND through visual voicemail. I'd call customer care and see what's up.

This page lists possible responses on the voicemail system and what to do if you get them (most say to call customer care) http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-...&locale=&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=KB41069

5. Norinion thread starter macrumors regular

I called customer service and they told me only one an be active at a time. Anyone else have both active at the same time? Meaning you can switch back from basic voicemail to visual voicemail?

6. Norinion thread starter macrumors regular

Solved, thank you guys. Had to go through 3 different customer service to fix the problem. Thank you.