Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
....NAB?. I have someone who is trying to switch but i've been telling him to wait since the MBPs are the next potential candidates for updates. However im not sure when these updates will abound. I'm starting to think they might pop up at NAB. If so he might as well buy now

However part of me thinks February at the latest but i'm starting to doubt that now.

If Apple wait till NAB then the MBPs would've been 9 months old which seems to long a time between revisions but its not impossible. The next update should only be a processor swap theoretically and thus come quicker. Is it possible though for Apple to wait till NAB?

Fossie

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2008
I reckon the 29th Jan. Just my random undeucated guess. Based solely on that being the same time that the MBA starts to ship.

Hansii

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2008
Maybe they set up a small event for the release of the iPhone SDK and release new MBPs at the same time, I would be supprised if they don't release new MBPs by the end of February.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Apple updated the Macbook Pro's on November 1st with the 2.6 Option. To us it is not an update, but to them it is...just look at the Mac Pro recently. Apple updated it last NAB with the 8-Core option and left the rest untouched until this month, over 500 days without a real update.

Apple is going to want the Macbook Air to get out first before they touch their other laptops with updates. NAB seems like a good guess to me. Couple that with DVD Studio Pro 5 with Blu-Ray support, new Cinema Displays, and the successor to Shake and you have enough for a Keynote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.