Is it possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beeplance, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

My iPhone 3GS has some scratches on the back & the bezel, and some dust particles has also gone under the screen. Home button has also become insensitive.

The warranty is long over & never had any AppleCare & stuff. Is it possible that I bring this phone to an Apple store & pay them to help me refurbish my iPhone? I still want to use my iPhone, don't want to upgrade & willing to pay for the refurbishment.

2. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

It would be a $149 out of warranty replacement fee. So yes, you can pay them to refurbish your phone.... well replace it with a refurb anyway.

4. Beeplance thread starter macrumors 65816

Beeplance

I see. Thanks for the info, & I'm going to see if it works. I'm not in the states btw, so it may be different for my country.

----------

Just tried it. Works to a certain extent, I will say...

5. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

2 or 3 weeks ago I took in my old iPhone 3G, it had cracks, scratches, and the battery didnt work. I took it in, and they gave me an iphone 3GS for $79.99 out of warranty replacement. So I think you should be fine.

6. Beeplance thread starter macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Will they replace it immediately or do I have to wait a few days?

7. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

They said they didnt have any in stock so I had to wait two days while they shipped the new one in. They dont fix the device you have, they give you a refurb which is just as good as new.

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

From what I understand, anything outside of a battery issue is a $150. refurbish ed replacement yet if you claim a battery issue it is a $79. refurbish replacement.

That's the way it worked for me a couple of years ago on a 3G but can't imagine Apple's changed that policy, so should work for you.