Is it possible?

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I was wondering if I could get a Sidekick for text and all that and then a regular phone for more talking and international roaming and use the same line.

Is this possible?

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
iMacZealot said:
Would you care to elaborate?
Unless you can clone your SIM card you'd need to keep moving it around from phone to phone. Also, how would the system know which phone to send the call or text to?

You might be able to get the same effect by having all voice calls from the Sidekick forwarded to your other phone, but that would still require two contracts.

B

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
balamw said:
Unless you can clone your SIM card you'd need to keep moving it around from phone to phone. Also, how would the system know which phone to send the call or text to?

You might be able to get the same effect by having all voice calls from the Sidekick forwarded to your other phone, but that would still require two contracts.

B
Is there a problem with moving the SIM card? Would it work when I put it in? Doesn't it need to "get ready"?

Anyways, If I were to get, let's say a Sidekick and a RAZR, would they give me the instant discount on both or just one of them?

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
iMacZealot said:
Is there a problem with moving the SIM card? Would it work when I put it in? Doesn't it need to "get ready"?

Anyways, If I were to get, let's say a Sidekick and a RAZR, would they give me the instant discount on both or just one of them?
You can't switch it mid call, but you can move it from phone to phone pretty readily say if you're going from doing a lot of texting to voice calls. You'll need to wait for the phone to turn on after replacing the SIM.

As for the discounts that's between you and your provider. Check for any group/employer discounts too. My wife's company has no contract deals with Cingular and Verizon, get the same deals that are offered with 2 year contracts without the commitment.

B