Is it possible?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mark10197, Jul 11, 2008.

1. mark10197 macrumors member

to upload installer.app to the app store?
    If you did that there would be no need to jailbreak

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

No, Apple most likely wouldn't allow it to go up. Secondly, with 2.0 software, what's the point?

3. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

to get all the free jailbreak app's ofcaorse....

4. mark10197 thread starter macrumors member

The only bad about 1.0 thing is that apple controls the app store and what applications can be hosted in it. Idk though.... Is there a way we could all just download the installer and install it in our ipod ourselves?

5. GUILTIE macrumors regular

There will be, you just have to be patient.

6. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

To be able to do that you need to have read/write access which is exactly what jailbreaking is, and that's only a few days away. ;)

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Why bother; I'm sure they will just rewrite and optimize the software for 2.0 and release it to the app store and either sell it for free or cheaply.

8. mark10197 thread starter macrumors member

well,
    I'll just wait patiently. The App store is AWESOME! So that can amuse me in the meantime. But somebody should try to upload installer to the app store. I really don't want to go about the jailbreak method. I've tried doing simelar things to a psp and it didn't go very well. I spent a lot of money on my touch and I don't want anything bad to happen. I'm sure apple would allow installer I'f we had to pay for it.

9. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Um, no? Pay for Installer and have a rival service on which ~90% of the apps are free? Just like OS X will never be licensed, they're not going to make competition for themselves.

On the jailbreaking issue, it's really quite safe, there's the occasional freak problem but all the times I've done it it's gone without a hitch.
    Enjoy the App Store. :)

10. mark10197 thread starter macrumors member

Jailbreaking would be cool.....
    I'm just unsure. But I have insurance on my ipod so I guess it's worth a try.