Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northernmunky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2007
London, Taipei
My girlfriend is a hardcore Windows user, refuses to touch my Macbook saying its 'dirty'... still believes all the stereotypes. She's turned out to be a tough nut to crack!

Finally got her to use it the other night when she had to write a document on Word but didn't have her laptop with her and spent the entire time complaining that Office:Mac was too complicated! lol

Despite this she still owns an iPad and an iPhone! :confused:

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
There's no rule that says 'you must be a loyal Mac user to own an iPad'.

I'm primarily a Windows user yet I use an iPhone, and will likely stay that way. I also have an iPad. It's a 1st gen, but still, it's an iPad.

fratey

macrumors regular
May 6, 2010
I plan to give an iPad Air as a birthday present to my mom but she is a Windows user. I stopped using Windows years before iOS devices came out and don't know many people who use this combination. Hence I know little about whether it is reasonable to do this.

One feature I really like with my iPad is that I get photos automatically ported from my Aperture (OS X) library. Is there anything one can do to achieve the same functionality with Windows?
Photo Stream works better on Windows than on Mac, ironically enough.

Johnbrow

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2013
The iPad is the best tablet. If you want the best tablet, get an iPad. It really doesn't make any difference that your computer is Windows. The only thing you really lose is the Apple software ability to coordinate data across platforms. I like that one entry on my calendar appears on all my devices, for instance.

I keep a Windows laptop to run some legacy software, but otherwise use all Apple. I went to Apple because I hate Windows and most Microsoft software, but that's a personal preference vs. a claim of true superiority one way or the other. I take great pride in never having defiled my MacBook by activating Boot Camp.

I have many friends in the computer industry/software profession. Each of them uses Windows at the office. Only one of them has an Android tablet-otherwise all have iPads. One of them got mad at Apple and got an Android device, but he's since gone back to Apple. The Android user is happy with his Nexus. The iPad users are happy with their iPads (except maybe lack of Flash and nobody likes IOS 7) Interesting.

Why the heck would anyone look for reasons NOT to have an iPad? A mystery to me.

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
I am a big time user of Windows as iOS does not do my Quickbooks or AutoCad.

I do own and use two 27" iMacs, both partitioned with bootcamp for max space to be used for Windows and use Win 7 Pro on both. Notebook is Lenovo W530.

Poor laptop does not see much use anymore. It is really a backup incase of fire at my office. iPad pretty well does the day in and day out browsing.

Apple will not be replacing my Windows needs soon!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.