Is it really easy to lose the Apple Pencil cap?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by hajime, Mar 10, 2018.

1. hajime macrumors 603

Hello, I am going to buy an Apple Pencil. How easy it is for it to loosen up and get lost? Is it advisable to get an anti-lost strap?

2. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

"Really easy to lose" is in the eye of the loser. I have had my Apple Pencil for nearly 2 years and haven't lost it. At first I was paranoid about it so I bought one of those rubber cap/straps. It simply got in the way so I removed it. I have a portfolio case for my iPad Pro that I use for transporting it to and from work, and it has a little elastic loop to secure the Pencil.

3. TiggrToo macrumors 6502a

TiggrToo

Still got mine. I thought I'd lost the cap once until I found underneath my truck seat. Since then though it's been good for me.

4. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Are you someone that’s complacent and consistently losing or misplacing things? If you are, then it probably would be an appropriate move to buy a strap that tethers it. For me, I typically never lose anything, but everybody’s different with memory and/or smaller items.

6. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

Same. Started out worried, then found the attachment annoying. You just have to be reasonably careful with what you do with it when you remove it.

7. strawberryshortcake macrumors regular

Pretty easy if you're the type of person prone to lose stuff. I decided to make an apple pencil cap strap out of tape.
    [​IMG]

8. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

I admire your ingenuity. It is sad that for a company that prides itself in style and form, that Apple didn't think this through.

9. hajime thread starter macrumors 603

Maybe they did it intentionally so that we buy from them again.

10. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

I was ok with my silicone version from Amazon, but it stretched out pretty quickly and started sliding all over the place and getting in the way.