is it really worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Kat King123, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Kat King123 macrumors regular

Kat King123

hey, im just a couple weeks away from upgrading my old ibook g3 with a mb
    ive seen some pretty good deals on ebay/craigslist but i have noticed that all the good deals seem to be the ones with a core duo processor not the more recent core 2 duo im mainly going to use this computer for music editing(im in a melodic band) and for collage (im in 9th grade now) and also to run windows 7 with parallels i am goning to max out the ram and possibly get a faster hd so considering all this is worth it to get cheap deal on duo core or save up for a core 2 duo mb? thanks:D

2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

save up until you can buy a new/refirb from apple in the long run it will just last longer plus you can have a 3 year waranty. plus you will get a student discount.

3. cjsmx65 macrumors newbie

if thats all that your really doing then the core duo should be fine. Especially if your going to max out the specs that much then i say save some cash by going core duo and spending more on the upgrades:cool: good luck whatever you do

4. Kat King123 thread starter macrumors regular

Kat King123

thanks so you think by the time im in collage about 5 years that most common applications like word or ilife will still be in 32 bit ? cause i mean they still support g4s and those stop about 4 or 5 years ago as well:eek:

5. cjsmx65 macrumors newbie

yes it should be fine. Macs seem to stay from being obsolete much longer than pc's and basic apps should still work down the road.;)

6. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

And yes, it's worth it. Your iBook G3 is time to put to rest.

7. Kat King123 thread starter macrumors regular

Kat King123

thanks for all the suggestion i think im gonna stick with the core duo consdiering i can get for only 450 bucks:eek: plus by the time im in collage ill probably (or hopefully) have a job and by then ill just buy the newest macbook or w/e they have out at the time