is it right for me?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ankitsid, Jun 4, 2008.

1. ankitsid macrumors member

i personally use the whole CS3 master suite and A lot of Video editing
    and i am a DJ
    i wanted to switch over to the mac world
    but im not sure if it does what i need it to do

how is the sound...is it crisp?
    and then the speed

right now im looking at a 1.67Ghz PowerBook 15 inch..do you think that would cut it for me

i want a macbook more..but after buying all my dj equipment this past month($1600) i just dont have enough left to spend on a macbook unless i can find one cheap

im looking at like 650 and under...?
    possible to even find a macbook that price
    i know a guy whos selling a powerbook at like 700 at s2ki.com
    but i dont know how that performance will be

also is the switch from XP to mac easy
    i wanted a new PC but i just HATE vista so im not going that route

sorry for the long post
    thanks in advance

2. ankitsid thread starter macrumors member

and also can somone help me find a good deal on a macbook if it will do what i need

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if you have Windows versions of the CS3 Master Suite and buy a Power PC Mac the whole suite would be incompatible and you would have to buy the Mac version of Master Suite. but if you got a Intel MacBook you could use Boot Camp or Parallels/Fusion to run your Master Suite in Windows. more on booting Windows on an Intel mac http://guides.macrumors.com/Booting_Windows_on_the_Mac

learning Mac OS X for the first time is hard but you will eventually learn to love it.

the best advice i can give you is to read Mac Help in Finder's Help menu, post any queries or questions you have here and to not expect OS X to work like Windows, its a completely different OS.

theres good deals on MacBooks in the US refurbished store http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP.../RSLID?sf=wHF2F2PHCCCX72KDY&nclm=CertifiedMac

4. ankitsid thread starter macrumors member

so powerbook CANT dual boot is what ur saying??

but a macbook would be able to run all dj products and stuff if i do dualboot

would the performance be good tho?

5. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Company's like Adobe are sometimes willing to replace your Windows software with the equivalent Mac software. Make a call in to Adobe and see if they will do it, since both Windows and Mac versions are usually priced the same by companies, they will go though an exchange process for the version you have currently.

PowerBooks are G4 based and can not run Windows. MacBook are Intel based so they can run Windows. As for performance, PC Magazine I believe said that the MacBook Pro was the best Vista computer on the market when Vista came out. So it should be fine when it comes to performance of running Windows in a dual boot situation. I'm not sure if you want to switch over to using the Apple Logic Studio or stick with you Windows software. http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/

Reverbished or Educational discounts are were you will get the best pricing.

6. ankitsid thread starter macrumors member

thanks

im actually lookin around on craigslist right now

but no responses haha
    i wanna get a macbook then obviously
    if i can find a good deal on a use mbp then ill look into that
    if not then ill find some deal on a macbook

question tho
    in order to dual booth does it have to be a dual core 2
    or like what

7. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit