Is it right time to buy MacBook Pro 13/15 ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by born4sky, Sep 30, 2009.

  1. born4sky macrumors 6502a

    born4sky

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    #1
    Hello, I thinking to buy MacBook Pro ... but it's not urgent I can wait.
    I think the best time to buy one will be holiday season or right after it (when there will be a lot of refurbished ones) ... dont really remember if apple had any specials for Christmas ... Basicly when will be the best time to buy one... now or wait a little bit.

    When is the next cycle for the new product?
     
  2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    May 21, 2009
    Location:
    Chicago
    #2
    They updated in june so now's as good a time as any, unless you're waiting for next years stuff.
     
  3. badbradderz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2009
    #3
    i was considering buying one too, but it would most likely be for christmas...In which case i may as well wait till the next cycle, if the MBP buyers guide in the guides section is anything to go by, MBP's operate on a 200 day cycle, which would take us to christmas or just after....So my uninformed guess would be a MBP update either FOR christmas or just after the new year. that in mind, buying a MBP for christmas wouldn't be the best move in my opinion.
     
  4. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

    u49aa2

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    Location:
    Between Heaven and Hell
    #4
    The next Macbook update is very likely going to be a major one (e.g. Quad processor). So i would definetly wait, if you are not in hurry.
     
  5. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #5
    With the mobile nehalem processors just being officially unveiled by intel, I'd wait till apple incorporates them into their line. No idea of when that will be, probably sometime in 2010. Depends on how much redesigning they need to do, how fast intel can provide the cpus in quantity and any heat/power issues that may arise.

    My tone started out that I was recommending waiting but after writing it, Is it worth being on the cutting [bleeding] edge of a new chipset? Apple's track record for revision A machines hasn't always been stellar.

    If the current lines fit your needs now and for the foreseeable future, perhaps waiting may not be the best idea.
     
  6. puma1552 macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2008
    #6
    What the buyer's guide continually fails to include is the incremental processor speed bumps that happen every 4 months or so...it's not much, but an upgrade is an upgrade. Technology doesn't sit on the shelf for eight months completely unchanged.

    That said, expect a silent processor speed bump in the next month or so.
     
  7. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

    tofagerl

    Joined:
    May 16, 2006
    #7
    Since it's becoming less and less probable that the quad processors are coming this fall, I'd say buying a refurb now is a good decision.

    I'm personally waiting till Arrandale or (PLEASE) Clarksfield are in the MBPs, but that's cause I'm very CPU-bound in my usage.
     
  8. born4sky thread starter macrumors 6502a

    born4sky

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
  9. rgarjr macrumors 603

    rgarjr

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Location:
    Southern Cal
    #9
    The way these things get bumped so fast, its probably never a good time to buy :)
     
  10. born4sky thread starter macrumors 6502a

    born4sky

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    #10
    thats for sure
     
  11. Betelgeuse macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2008
    #11
    There's some slight rumblings that the ship dates for Macbook Pros may be slipping a bit. So, I'd at least wait a week or two to see if that implies a minor update. But, as others have said, if it happens, it's highly unlikely that it will be any kind of major update; probably just a processor speed bump.
     

Share This Page