Is it rude...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Aug 18, 2008.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

To make a trumpet sound when you blow your nose?

I have two or three colleagues that do it all day long and yes, it sounds just like a horn sounding. Some of them even alternate between nasal passages (back and forth) making a wah-wah sound.

So, is this something that should be done in the bathroom, or is out loud, continuously in public OK?

What say you?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

continuously i can see how it gets annoying, but once in a while i don't see any issue with it. everyone does things differently. would it be better if they were sniffling all day long? :p

3. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Suggest prescription allergy meds.

4. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I did.

Remember, I work with morons.

5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I would just let it pass, because I would feel that it was most likely that they just couldn't help it, even though it sounds like they are doing it on purpose. If you are 100% positive that they are doing it fully intentionally, then I might say something on a day that I was in a really bad mood.

Or just leave this thread up on your computer screen when you go away for a couple of minutes and see if they notice. :p

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Gross and obnoxious, definitely, but intentionally rude, probably (hopefully) not. Still, I think if your nose sounds off like the guns of the navarone it might be a good idea to go blast that nastiness off in private, if at all possible.

7. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Genius.

8. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I seriously hate when people do something like that! Even just imagining someone doing it in full public view is eerie enough! But I guess.... once in a blue moon as a mistake is fine!

Do point it out to them! You do have washrooms at work I believe?

9. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Slip it in their coffee.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, it's rude. But you know what's even more rude? When you're standing at a urinal and someone else decides to go next to you, then hawk a huge loogie that hangs from his mouth all the way down to the urinal. Why does anyone think that's OK? :mad:

11. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Go ram some pens up their noses that'll stop em

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

not only is it annoying, its disgusting. i hate that.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The direct approach. I like that. ;)

14. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Or then there's sneezing into the air with your mouth wide open.

There's a reason it's called "achoo" not "achaa."

15. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Oh my god yes. When people do this on public transport I always hope daggers would shoot from my glare and annihilate them on the spot.

I don't even know what to think about the whole spitting in urinals thing. Men's bathrooms must be the most vile places on earth, I'm thinking.

16. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

No point in p*ssy footing it around, a couple of those big round marker pens should do the trick

17. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Seems like I;ll have to unsubscribe this thread! Its getting on my nerves!

LOL!

And Gary my man..... Im giving that achoo thing to anyone who dare attempts such a thing!

P.S.: Im very serious with this stuff! There's no hinting or passing or glaring... its straight on their faces!

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

iGary- we have one guy in my office who's a loud sneezer. We deal with it by counting his sneezes out loud, as they usually come in threes. "ONE, TWO...wait for it...wait...come on... THREE! There we go! Feel better?" He hates us. :)

19. Aeolius macrumors 6502a

That snot funny. :D

20. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

When you have a cold or a clogged nose, I don't see a problem doing it. When you do it every time you blow your nose, then yes, it's a lil obnoxious.

HAHA! I'm somewhat of a loud sneezer too but when I'm in public, I try to cover them up to the best of my ability. :)

BTW, iBlue, I loooooove your new avatar. :D

21. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Annoying, yes....rude, I wouldn't think so.

It is probably beyond their conscious control...I know people that sneeze and rattle things on shelves.

I know it can be bothersome...but try to think of something you might do, that other's find annoying. Everyone's got peeves.

Hope that helped. :eek:

22. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

OK, maybe not rude, but disgusting and annoying yes.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being over-sensitive.

23. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

In a professional setting, yes it is rude, and disgusting. Personally I always try to go to the bathroom to blow my nose.

I'm kind of disgusted with society, I went out for supper the other night and there were ALOT of people talking with food in their mouth, their food practically trying to escape, not covering their mouth when they sneeze or cough, its really gross.

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Beats the silence (or not) of a rather large digestive tract problem from a person with a dead animal hiding inside their gut.

25. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Okay...I could understand the need to blow your nose wouldn't be as urgent as sneezing. I could see how it could be taken as improper.

Rude would be someone talking on a cell phone, and cutting you off...only to slow down 5-10 mph and get pissed when you cut back in front...ensuing in road rage. :D