Is it safe to assume...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xMastemah, Jul 29, 2010.

1. xMastemah macrumors member

...that anything with iPhone 3G/3GS compatibility, AS FAR AS UTILIZING THE 30-PIN CONNECTOR, is also compatible with the iPhone 4? Some products I've seen like chargers, docks, and speakers say they support 3GS/3G but make no mention of the iPhone 4. I was thinking this is because their pages are outdated but I wanna be sure.

Like this.

Or the iHome iP1.

2. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

It uses the same 30 pin connector. The cable from my four year old iPod fits and works just fine.

3. xMastemah thread starter macrumors member

Just making sure there wasn't some fundamental difference I was missing that could prevent backwards compatibility. :)

4. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Just becausehe dock size is the same doesn't mean that it works for a certain product. Ip4 battery differs from an ipod's. That's why sime attachments give you the (this accessory isn't made for this iPhone). To thunk that an attachment made for an iPhone 3G would work on a iPhone 4 is just dumb

5. MacBacker macrumors member

...but some 'after market' connectors aren't compatible. Make sure if you buy something, keep the receipt or look at the return policy just in case it doesn't work.

6. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Just be aware that if you are using a bumper, only the cable that came with the iPhone 4 will fit. Otherwise you need to remove the bumper.