Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xMastemah

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
...that anything with iPhone 3G/3GS compatibility, AS FAR AS UTILIZING THE 30-PIN CONNECTOR, is also compatible with the iPhone 4? Some products I've seen like chargers, docks, and speakers say they support 3GS/3G but make no mention of the iPhone 4. I was thinking this is because their pages are outdated but I wanna be sure.

Like this.

Or the iHome iP1.

xMastemah

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Just making sure there wasn't some fundamental difference I was missing that could prevent backwards compatibility. :)

narimonk

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Just becausehe dock size is the same doesn't mean that it works for a certain product. Ip4 battery differs from an ipod's. That's why sime attachments give you the (this accessory isn't made for this iPhone). To thunk that an attachment made for an iPhone 3G would work on a iPhone 4 is just dumb

MacBacker

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2009
Left Coast, USA
...but some 'after market' connectors aren't compatible. Make sure if you buy something, keep the receipt or look at the return policy just in case it doesn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.