Is it safe to buy China version Iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by draggo, Aug 26, 2010.

1. draggo macrumors newbie

Would a China version iphone 4 work the same on AT&T as a regular U.S. version? its suppose to be unlocked also. I never heard of it and dont want to get scammed...

2. brewno macrumors 6502

3. GDVI macrumors regular

GDVI

This, sir.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

From what I have read, the latest official iPhone in china is the 3GS, the iPhone 4 is still on discussion, just a couple of weeks back the 3GS Chinese version was given wifi before that it was sold w/out wifi... All iPhones are made in China but not sold there. This guy is most likely scamming you and selling you a fake...

5. kattjeveln macrumors member

QFT

6. tonyunreal macrumors regular

tonyunreal

As long as you buy it from an Apple Store you'll be fine, however iPhone 4 is not released in China yet.

The Chinese version should be unlocked and almost identical to the ones sold in other countries, there will be slight differences such as the absence of the YouTube app and the built in bookmarks for Unicom websites.

7. Shoot macrumors regular

8. longhornx macrumors newbie

9. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4 is not out in China yet, only in Hong Kong. All phones in HK are sold unlocked. Perhaps the guy from China bought from HK and reselling it. Anyway, I wouldn't buy it.

10. applekiwipeach macrumors member

iPhone 4 hasn't been released in China... so... :rolleyes:

Once released, it should be safe to purchase from an official source... however, the retail price is usually more expensive in China than in the US... not sure why you would want it...

If you're talking about buying from a 3rd party vendor.... don't even bother unless you're familiar with what site/seller is reliable... If the price looks too good to be true, u know...

11. ikaveh macrumors regular

hi
    I also find this site while searching on net:
    http://www.bochtrade.com/
    and their online shop:
    http://www.trade-whole.com/
    They claim the have direct link to Foxconn (the bigest apple manufacture partner in china) and they can get original iphone 4 from it with less cost so they are able to sell it for about 450$. However I am pretty sure its scam :eek:

12. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

According to China, Hong Kong is a part of their country. Also, the British handed HK over years back.
    Ascertain if the phone is from Hong Kong. If so, you are good to go.

13. molala macrumors 6502a

It is possible it was bought from HK. But unless you are checking it out in person before buying it, I wouldn't.