iPod Is it safe to buy online?

f41dh1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
I'm planning to buy ipod 80GB online from Apple store because in the UK, it still not available yet.
I am wondering how they packed it? Is it going to be deliver safely??

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Erm... you're afraid that the Apple Store ships Apple products in inferior packaging and that it will break in transit? I'm sorry, I'm not sure if this is a joke or a serious question? Are you for real?

f41dh1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
mkrishnan said:
Erm... you're afraid that the Apple Store ships Apple products in inferior packaging and that it will break in transit? I'm sorry, I'm not sure if this is a joke or a serious question? Are you for real?
I just want to make sure man...it's GBP259...if you know what i mean..theres nothing wrong checking out..

daze

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2006
San Jose, California
f41dh1 said:
I'm planning to buy ipod 80GB online from Apple store because in the UK, it still not available yet.
I am wondering how they packed it? Is it going to be deliver safely??
Worry not, it'll be delivered safely.

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
f41dh1 said:
I just want to make sure man...it's GBP259...if you know what i mean..theres nothing wrong checking out..
Check it out when you get it, if there is something wrong the shipping company or Apple will be obligated to make it right...no worries.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
f41dh1 said:
You should be fine... what seems to be a much bigger focus of complaints is the reliability of ship statuses and delivery estimates. For that matter variation in experience seems to have more to do with carrier than shipping company. Apple and Amazon in my experience both do fine jobs with packaging. I've never really had merchandise damaged in transit, but to the extent that I've had problems getting shipments in a timely fashion, etc, I have my personal hierarchy of American delivery agencies.

If you're concerned, call Apple and ask who they would use to ship for you, and come back and people here can probably tell you their personal experience with the combination of Apple and that shipper.