iPad is it safe to do a Reset All Settings ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vish26, Oct 29, 2012.

1. vish26 macrumors regular

Hi Guys,

I have the New iPad (Third Generation) I need to do a Reset All settings for some reason. I was worried if I do so would it by any chance cause any harm to the Display or the hardware of the Device in any ways ?

Thanks

vish26

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You will be fine. Apple would never include a button or setting that can damage the device. make sure you backup your iPad first.

3. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Lol you're fine. That'll be the day though, when Apple decides to add a self destruct button to it.

4. vish26 thread starter macrumors regular

I mean what exactly I meant was it will not cause any probelm to the Retina Display of my iPad- 3 right ?

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Apple would never include a button or setting that can damage or cause a problem with your device.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

All you are doing is re-setting your ipad to factory settings, from where it can be set up as new again....I will be erasing my 3 in preparation for my 4 on Friday...When the buyer gets it, he will see the setup screen we all have when a device is out of the box. You will not damage your device in any way...I've done 4 phones and this will be my third iPad...It's fine.

7. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

8. Sh0k macrumors member

Is this the same as connecting the iPad to iTunes and do a restore ?

9. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You're referring to "Erase All Content and Settings" where as the OP is just talking about "Reset All Settings". The latter doesn't remove any personal info. All it does is make all settings return to their default.

If you use the "Erase All Content and Settings", then yes, it's just like restoring in iTunes.